Thursday, April 9, 2015

Git Along Little Dogies


As you can see in this week's pictures, we were at a branding.  With spring, comes brandings which is one of my favorite things to do. 


This branding, however, I did not flank, but I was kept hopping by giving shots.  At one point, I was even doing two different shots at once.   I kind of got behind...which was easy to do because there were four really good ropers who brought in one calf right after another.  Syringes don't fill themselves, you know.

Because I wasn't flanking, there was a chance for me to take pictures.  Mom took over the shot I was giving and I pulled out my camera.  It felt good to be taking photos of a branding again; that's something I haven't done in a long time.

We got some good rides in, my horse kicked her heels a bit, no one was tossed, and there were only the normal scratches, bruises, and soreness that comes with brandings.  Thankfully, the weathermen weren't right on the target when they were saying the day was going to be in the 90's and super windy!  Actually, the day was perfect.  Foggy and cold/cool in the morning, then a little warmer in the late morn., and lastly, scattered clouds and hot in the afternoon.  Jackets were taken off and put on quite often throughout the day as folks couldn't decide whether they were cold or hot.

And like always, it was good to be around great friends.  May the branding tradition live on.  : ) 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment