Thursday, May 21, 2015

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages!

 
....Welcome to the circus!
 

The circus came to a town near us, so we pretty much up and went. 

My family: Big J., Little J., Dad, Mom, and me, well part of me.
The music started and these girls came out.  It instantly felt like we went back to an old western saloon.  The girls were dressed for such an occasion and the hollering men to the left of us just added to the feel. 

Thankfully it got better!
  
 
One girl had some big poodles who ran around and jumped over and through things.  Her schnauzer, however, was much more impressive.  That little dog walked around on his hind feet, and then later was dressed up as an elephant.  It acted like a wind up toy and would walk for a little ways and just fall over.  It was amazing how well that dog was on time. 
 
 
The juggling family was outstanding, in my opinion.  That sentence says enough.

 
Oh, my!  Then these two people came out.  See in this picture how that girl is holding all that man's weight and is only being held by her ankle.  Can you say PAINFUL?  Her hips look like they could pop clean out of socket. 

 
Here the man was hanging by his head while the girl hung upside down with just her feet hanging onto the man.  I was glad no one fell, for, no, there weren't nets under them.  (They had cords for if they did fall.)
   
 
The jugglers were also another part of the circus and this time, they wowed the crowd again.  One man held a heavy pole on his forehead and his twin boys climbed to the top.  They stood on their head way up there, then slid down.  
 

There was a death defying cage with motorcycles.  At first there were just two bikes in the cage at once, but by the time it ended, there were three!

Then elephants, of course.

 
 
And...wait, do those two people near the back look familiar?  Why, yes, we do!

I got Mom to ride an elephant with me, though it didn't take much twisting of the arm.  So now I can say, "I've ridden an elephant."  That feels satisfying.  I really feel like I should write a book and sometime have a elephant ride in it.  At least now I know how it feels.  It's smooth overall.  You just sit there while the beast sways left and right, slowly.  As you can see, we're near the back.  I honestly think (though I have no experience) that sitting on the neck, right behind the ears, would be more comfortable.  But, still, the opportunity to do this doesn't come often and I'm glad we snatched it.
     
 
 
I jokingly say this is our family picture.  Look closely and you can see all 5 of us.  I took this picture as we sat on the elephant's back.
 

It was a cold May day, but the fun and family time was so worth it!  Have a terrific Thursday!  : )

2 comments:

  1. Circus looked like fun, especially the elephant ride! You and the family looking good there...

    ReplyDelete