Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fall



October has passed by and November has arrived, our trees are changing and it's about time for Thanksgiving! 

For Halloween, since we don't celebrate it, we went out my dad's parents' house to celebrate his dad's birthday!  His birthday was on the 1st, but he said, "I don't want anyone over on my birthday" so we went the day before.  We had pizza and pudding, cake, and ice cream.
We came home at a late hour of night and got pumpkins on the way.  We have yet to cut them.  : )

This morning was still and just a little chilly, and as I fed my chickens, I paused to look around me.  It was so quiet and still.  Then a car horn blasted through the air, cattle started bawling, and I could tell that our neighbor was feeding his cattle.  Up over head, a few cranes honked to their friends.  The sounds were amazing!  The tamaracks on the river are turning from green to orange and every color in between.  The trees in front of our house are losing their leaves, too. 

It was so beautiful today that I had to get out my camera and snap a few pictures of my ranch life.  So, here are some of them for you to enjoy.

Since this is a ranch blog, I figured I should write about what I see or feel on the ranch, rather than waiting for something exciting to happen and I hope that this post gave you that feeling.  Till next time!  : )

 If you look closely, you can see one of my chickens doing some fancy foot work.
 
One view from the ranch.  Far out there you can see the tamaracks and few trees changing colors.


2 comments:

  1. I liked how you described the quietness and then the horn blasting through the quiet and then the cattle and crane sounds.
    The pictures were just beautiful... I enjoyed all of it.

    ReplyDelete