Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lights, Rain, Action!

Well, I am sitting here in front of our open house door watching and listening to the rain fall from the roof and the thunder rumble across the thirsty Okla. Panhandle.  It is such a pretty sight for this girl.  I don't know how much rain we have gotten, but it smells and looks good!

I am really glad we got home from swimming in the river before the rain cloud hit...why...you'll find out.  Mom was talking with Grandma and a few lightning strikes rang in her ear.  It was time to hang up the phone.  After she did, we were watching the outside world and all of the sudden KA-BOOM!  Right before our eyes a lightning bolt stuck the ground just a few yards from the house.  And it was close!  I saw the sparks fly and the smoke rise from the beaten ground.  I literally jumped from my chair and my heart jumped from its normal spot and started to beat really fast.  Oh!  We have yet to find the spot and take pictures if worth it. 

The "storm" seems to have passed and Gus, the ranch rooster, had to let the world--ranch world, that is--know that all of his hens have survived the weather and that they were safe.  : )

P.S.  We did not find the spot where the lightning struck the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment